The goal of the program is to make it easy for localizators to translate mozilla and other XUL based applications.
Besides being able to individually translate the programs, MozillaTranslators goals are also to make the translator work
together in groups and to easily create & distribute the final translations
The system requirements are as follows:
- A Java 2 SDK 1.4 compatible JVM
- A installation of the product to be translated e.g. Mozilla or Netscape
Here is a small step by step highlevel walktrough of how to use the program.
- The first time you startup the program, you should go into the "Manage products" menuitem
- Here you should setup the product you want to translated, by giving it a name and mounting its jars that contains the texts to translate
- After setting that up, you should select "Update product" to read in the original texts
- Now use the different views, to look at the original texts and translate then
- After the product has been translated, you can create a XPI file so that end users may install it
- Once a new version of the products is available, then you should make sure the new jars are mounted and select "Update product" again
There is the beginnings of a more detailed user guide, inside the zip file you download the program in